Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Kaja

Kaja Lurra, The Birthday Girl
.
Today, I hosted a very special event at Opar; a birthday party for my dear friend from Sweden, Kaja Lurra. Knowing how Kaja loves horseback riding, I planned to have all the guests arrive on horseback at the Wild Flower Meadow, and everyone would ride to the party site at the Hidden Forest. And it was a glorious gathering of horses and riders. Kara was strikingly beautiful on her white horse. And I couldn't help but notice that men look so handsome and masculine on horseback. I laid out a trail that highlighted the gardens and took the party up into the mountains that cross the length of Opar. Crossing Opar, we descended and followed the shoreline past the crashing waves of the Wild Shore to the Hidden Forest.
.
The Hidden Forest was magical. I filled the forest with japanese lanterns suspended in the air. Its marvelous how the laws of physics do not apply in Second Life. With the tall oaks, the misty lilly pond, the mountains and the sea, the effect was mesmerizing. Kaja and the party were delighted. We dismounted from our horses and toasted Kaja with champaign. It was wonderful meeting Kaja's friends and the mix of people worked perfectly. We danced until late in the night. I hope we created a special evening for Kaja, one that leaves a warm glow and lasting memories. Happy Birthday, Kaja.
.
Gathering on Horseback at the Wild Flower Meadow
.
Kaja's Oldest Friend, junivers Stockholm
.
Kristian Ordinary looked Dashing
.
Lone Ranger and Tonto? No, its Rocko and Tricia
.The Magnificient Three: Stig Tiratzo, Leesa, and me.
Riding Out
.
Party Site at the Hidden Forest
.A Birthday Toast
.
Kaja's Cake Walk
.
The Dancing Begins
.


And Goes On Into the Night
.
Relaxing after the party
.
Tired but Happy Hostess
.
.
Leesa was the official photographer for the party and has a great post on her blog:
.
.
Kaja was interviewed by Tweet TV on their Designing Worlds program. The interview highlights the extraordinary talent and special person that is Kaja Lurra:
.

..

1 comment:

  1. TY! I love all the pics, except the one of me loool I look silly, but I must confess I'm very impressed of these cute japanese lanterns ;)

    ReplyDelete